Lots to post and catch up on.
But for now, I thought I'd show you just how relaxing it really was...
![]() |
| California king...literally. |
![]() |
| {poolside} "Somebody bring me my milk!" |
*p.s. SIDS police - the bed picture was taken of Owen the morning we left Asheville. He came into bed to nurse at 3:30am and fell asleep. We had all of the lights on and we were taking pictures of him!We were watching him the entire time and laughing at how the bed just swallowed him up. He slept like he owned the place!


What do you mean, SIDS police? Why would anyone give you a hard time for having your baby in your bed? My child has been sleeping on his stomach since he was 6 weeks old. I used to watch him like a hawk, until my doctor told me that he was just a tummy sleeper and that it was okay. At 6 months she told me not to even worry about him anymore! If that's not something for the SIDS police, I don't know what is. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone, Mama! There's my rant. You are a great Mom!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a wonderful week together!
ohmigosh megan, you do?? i let mine nap on his tummy because he sleeps SO MUCH BETTER, but am way too paranoid at night since i can't check on him every two minutes. i tried it for naptime since my mom used to put us to sleep on our bellys (per the doctors orders!) and since we aren't dead....
ReplyDeletealso, he's in bed with me all night (like my oldest was) - thats not something to call the sids police about! she is pry referring to the pillows and blankets :)
Hahaha! Amen to what Megan wrote above. Baby C sleeps in our bed all the time and it is some of our most precious moments. Enjoy it while you can ;) Eventually these sweet boys are not going to want a thing to do with us so we have to soak up all their preciousness while they are young!!
ReplyDeleteexactly, more so the king pillow and down comforter. I LOVE sleeping in bed with him. LOVE. IT. but I don't use a pillow or comforter those nights/mornings.
ReplyDeleteI know I don't need to defend myself, I just don't want anyone to think we have unsafe sleep habits.
Ms. 2nd Lieutenant - yes, I do. My baby sleeps on his tummy. I'm completey comfortable with this. He went from sleeping terribly on his back to sleeping wonderfully on his tummy. Since 6 weeks, he goes down on his tummy. I soul searched about this and have a real peace about it. When he was a little guy he napped in the same room as me, and I watched him very carefully. He was in a co-sleeper in our room until he was 4 months old, and I slept with one eye open. Eventually I just realized he was going to be fine and I stopped worrying. He sleeps best that way and that's what works for him. Now, he's big enough at 10 months that if I lay him on his back, he immediately rolls over...I'm not going to fight him. Different strokes for different folks! :)
ReplyDeleteOwen started sleeping on his tummy at 6 months when we moved him to the crib. Not being swaddled and having more room allowed him to decide how he wanted to sleep. He's fine too.
ReplyDeleteoh guys, you are totally swaying me to the SIDS side :-p
ReplyDeletemy paranoia is totally from the sids campaign, but my leaning in that direction is from the fact that i'm not dead and i slept the same way! he's in a cosleeper next to us to start th e night (usually) and his max time in that has been 2 hours. then, he comes in to nurse and stays with us and again, max at two hours, usually less. night sleep has been all back.
he is seven weeks (today!) and takes excellent naps like that.... maybe i WILL start doing it for night time, at least that first stretch?
(tam, i think your situation is different, cuz once they start rolling over that way, its not really an issue, right? since i mean, they can put themselves there, so clearly they can put themselves b ack? lol)