The poos are slowing down (I think) and I've been able to persuade Owen to eat some banana (by mixing it with pears. Pureed pears. The only solid food my son will consistently eat. I might as well be dumping pixie sticks down his throat. Oy.) Anyway, it seems to be firming up a bit - firming as in now the watery explosions are accompanied by tiny flecks of green that I have to use my fingernail to gently scrape off his bum. Progress? I think so. And that ends the graphic description of the contents of my son's diaper. He'll thank me one day.
In other news, our house (and all of Pennsylvania) has stink bugs. And to my credit, I actually used a dichotomous key to identify them - its almost like majored in biology or something? Apparently, these lovely flying pests are getting in through our window A/C units. They are about the size of a dime (some a nickle!) and I noticed a few here and there last week in Owen's room. Yesterday we found about a dozen of them in the living room and this morning at 6am, just as I finished feeding Owen - one flew into my hair. I was groggy and tired and wasn't wearing any pants. I jumped up and danced around frantically wagging my head like an 80's rock legend while screaming EW! EW! I HATE BUGS! EW! All the while I was scared to death I'd actually touch it with my hand. Luckily it landed on the boppy pillow and I mushed it with a baby wipe. Thankfully the shades were pulled. I'd hate to provide the neighbors with that kind of show free-of-charge, although Owen was VERY amused.
Apparently they are harmless, but I've contacted the landlord to remove the A/C units ASAP. Beacuse, BUGS! EW! These little bastards are hearty and crunchy but thankfully I've yet to smell anything when I kill them. Perhaps the effervescent scent of baby poop that permeates my nostrils has protected me from it.
And there you have it - the upside to six days of infant diarrhea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

((shudder)) UGH. i HATE bugs. me dancing around would also have been my reaction :)
ReplyDeleteand i will make sure to say hi over at your friends blog :)