We saw a really great physician's assistant that we've never seen before. We had quite the wait this morning and our appointment started to spill over into Owen's nap time. He let me know with lots of eye rubbing and a little fuss. I went ahead and fed him and our sweet baby was sound asleep nursing (in only his diaper- so cute!) when the PA came in. O woke up, popped off and looked him like, "Hey! Who are you? And why are you interrupting my nap?" They guy had to laugh out loud at Owen's perplexed face.
Just as we thought, Owen checked out with flying colors. No fever (98.4) and not a single sign of dehydration - actually the PA said, "He's happy, responsive, definitely NOT dehydrated and doesn't look like he misses any meals..." He said it's probably just a little virus that will run its course and just to watch to make sure nothing changes. He also gave me a probiotic that is supposed to slow diarrhea (Owen already gets probiotics - but we'll swap it out for this one and see if it works.)
So although it was a pretty uneventful visit - just as we suspected it might be - it was nice to have some reassurance. AND it was nice to get a seven-month weight and length on this boy. I have to admit, for a boy who is refusing to eat solids and only wants his Mama's milk - these are some pretty impressive stats.
Weight: 19 lbs 3 ounces - 75th percentile
Length: 28 inches - 85th percentile
I came home and put him down for his nap. I lingered in the rocking chair just a little while longer thinking about my boy. MY BOY! With THOSE PERCENTILES! After our rocky start with breastfeeding and trying my best to listen to that quiet voice in the back of my head that just kept saying, "this will work, be patient" I finally whispered to myself, "I'm doing this, we're actually succeeding at this."
And later this afternoon when he turned his head at the banana that was offered but did manage to gobble down some yogurt - I didn't care. Because he's getting what he needs, and the rest will come in time.
How big is Owen? SOOOOOO BIG!
Way to go momma!!! See- if you just stick with it ;) I am very proud of your perseverance. O is obviously thriving! Hopefully this virus will clear up soon so you can stop changing so many diapers!
ReplyDeletePS- the picture of C's teeth happened by accident and I tried to get another for about 30 minutes without success!
Just found your blog. It's adorable and your big boy is too!
ReplyDeletehttp://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com
yay :) does a mama heart good!
ReplyDeletealso, re: your comment today - it made me chuckle and reminded me, actually, of this bumper sticker i saw yesterday driving on post and thought you might appreciate it :-p.
mind you, its definitely in the TMI category and not something i would put on my car, but i did have to laugh when i saw it:
camo with yellow service ribbon that said "sexually deprived for your freedom"
one assumes her husband is deployed :-p