Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Solids... again

The other day I was eating some cottage cheese and before I could stop him Owen slapped his chubby little paw into my bowl and grabbed up a big handful. Cottage cheese is NOT on the baby-approved food list, so I figured he might want to revisit some rice cereal.

This time was much different than four weeks ago. He was grabbing at the bowl and at the spoon. He opened his mouth for me and even did some 'chewing' before he gobbled down that yummy cereal. I tried to make it a little thicker this time, and he seemed to like it that way.

I tried it yesterday and today and BOTH DAYS he poohed right in the middle of his feeding (making room I guess?) After I cleaned off his face and hands, changed his diaper and came back - the cereal was cold. Mr. O DID NOT want cold cereal. So, I warmed up a little more breastmilk, added it, and off we went to finish the bowl.

This video cracks me up, it was very hard to hold the camera and the bowl. He was grabbing for the spoon the entire time and I couldn't seem to feed him fast enough ;)

My kid looks like a total porker in this clip!! I LOVE IT!!



And then of course I had to let him lick the bowl - AH-DORABLE!! Look at those chubby hands!

3 comments:

  1. Go Owen! Isn't it amazing when you just KNOW as a Mama that your baby is ready? Connor does the same thing, grabbing for the spoon, leaning toward the food...I just know we started him when he was good and ready and that feels like such a Mommy accomplishment. Your boy is READY - way to go, Mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this sounds silly, but since I know NOTHING about babies of the human variety :) ... have his teeth erupted yet? And does that correlate with his desire for more solid foods in his diet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope no teeth yet - solids usually start around 6 months so we're getting there. They need to learn how to eat from a spoon and experiment with taste and texture, its more practice than anything else at this point. If we happen to get some in his mouth it's a bonus ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails