Thursday, August 5, 2010

First kisses

Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing enough at home to engage Owen. Of course, we read books, play toys and go to the library and play group to interact with other babies (and Mamas!) But the MAJORITY of the time I'm home with Owen and he's awake...

All I do is smooch on him.



I give this boy so many MMMOOCHES that I swear if he could talk he would say, "Seriously Mama? You've ALREADY given me one thousand smooches today, do I really need more"

The answer is yes, Owen, you ALWAYS need more.

But last week I noticed he was grabbing my face and pressing his wide open, wet little mouth on me.

He has to be in an extra good mood and I say the magic words,

Owen, give Mama some mooches!

and then this happens.



Owen smooches his Mama back now. This is the first concept that my baby has shown me that he understands, its a pretty wonderful first if you ask me.

Wonderfully slobbery and amazingly perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Owen is so precious! He has such a sweet little chubby-cheeked smile :) I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your breast-feeding list with all the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is correct - you can NEVER have too many smooches.

    and that is engagement :) the lovey way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love slobbery kisses! C's new thing is to grab my cheeks and try and fit my entire chin in his mouth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post brought tears to my eyes. You are so full of joy, Tam! Beautiful beautiful beautiful. You must tell me how you take such great pics of you and your boy - I hardly have any. Do you just set your camera on a tripod or something? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails