Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gloomy days don't stop us

Yesterday Jeremy was post-call, meaning he worked a 30+ hour shift and then came home around 1:30 in the afternoon. He is VERY tired on these days, but wants to spend time with us.

Owen had just woken up from his nap and was happy and snuggly. He was telling his Daddy LOTS of stories, LOUD stories. We spent over an hour playing, laughing and enjoying his cute baby talk.

Jeremy: Is this how he is every afternoon?

Me: Pretty much, he's a little more vocal today.

Jeremy: Really? I should have been a Mom instead of a doctor...

We took a family nap and then decided to go on a walk despite the heavy clouds outside. I needed to return some library books and we wanted to grab some ingredients to make M&M cookies.

I strapped O into the Ergo and off we went. We stopped for a couple slices of pizza (still trying to find an acceptable pizza place here) and while we were eating it started to rain. LOTS of rain. Jeremy asked if I wanted him to go get the car to pick us up but I didn't think it was necessary. The night was warm and so was the rain. We walked the rest of the way to the grocery store and then home. By the time we reached our apartment, dripping wet the three of us, the sun came out from behind the clouds. OF COURSE! Owen didn't make a peep the entire trip and didn't seem to mind getting soaked, his first trip in the rain.

We dried off our boy and zipped him into his jammies. After O drifted off to sleep, Mama and Daddy made cookies and ate WAY too many of them!

All I kept thinking was how this was such a perfect day for our little family. Rain can stay, as long as we have snuggles and cookies ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails