
After weeks of prying massive amounts of my hair out of Owens tiny, sweaty hands and the fast and furious arrival of summer in our new apartment SANS CENTRAL AIR (thermostat currently reads 81 degrees and the window unit is cursing us), I broke down and cut off my hair. Well, I didn't do it myself (although I've contemplated it over the past few weeks) - the girl who registered us at the Jewish Community Center had a SUPER cute hairstyle so I when she said, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked who cuts her hair. She referred me to an adorable little salon with five chairs less than 3 miles from our house.
I didn't bring a single picture of a random celebrity.
I didn't cry in the car on the way there.
I didn't micromanage while she snipped an enormous pile of my beloved red locks.
I simply said, "I had a baby 4 months ago and my apartment doesn't have A/C. I need something cute and easy... and I don't want to look like frumpy soccer mom."
I didn't even spend the entire car ride home looking at my hair in the rear view mirror and crying. AND I didn't rush home to wash and style it myself.
And when I walked in the door feeling like I left half of my sole to be swept up to tossed away, my sweet husband's face beamed with an enormous SMILE and he said,
I love it - it makes you look young and hip. I just love it.
Owen agreed.
Have a baby, cut off at least four inches. Looks super cute.
ReplyDeleteit totally does! i love it! fresh and cool for summer.
ReplyDeleteand does that bib mean the drooling has begun? lol, oh man, john drooled for like 9 months straight! :-p
Oh to drooling! We go through several bibs a day with this boy.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I've learned to carry a ponytail holder in my purse or pocket because Meredith loves to hold on to it and pull it. I just can't bring myself to cut it.
ReplyDeleteYou are GORGEOUS, Mama - Jeremy and Owen are right! It suits you and you look amazing. :)
ReplyDelete