So much has been going on all around me, I can barely keep up.
Last Thursday, we put our house on the market, all of my husband's efforts to clean and remodel our home turned out beautifully. We're living in a home that looks more like a crate and barrel show room than an actual house. We don't know where any of our stuff is packed/hidden - but we're managing.
Friday, we had our 35 week appointment and we were still holding steady, much to Dr. K's surprise. I gained another 2 lbs so I'm up a total of 21 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight. His head is down, and was further down than last week - so he's getting ready. I'm 50% effaced and my cervix is closed.
Saturday, our childbirth class was canceled due to snow, but we did have our first house showing. Me and kitty waited in the car while Jeremy ran errands and strangers lurked around in our home.
Sunday, my mom hosted a wonderful baby shower at our house. I was actually quite overwhelmed as I haven't talked to more than two people at a time in over eight weeks now. It was so nice to see so many of my friends and co workers. We received lots of gear for our little cub and were so happy and thankful at the end of the day.
Monday, we had two more house showings, a second look for the Saturday person and an older couple. Jeremy, mom and I ventured out in the car with the cat. We ate dinner at BW3's and it was SO NICE to eat hot food SITTING UP at an actual restaurant (while our cat froze into a kitty popsicle in the car).
Yesterday, we received an offer on the house from the Saturday guy. The offer was lower than we wanted and asked that we be out by March 26th. With a closed cervix and a due date of March 11th - I'm not going to risk being homeless with a newborn OR a possible nervous breakdown just to unload this house on the first schmuck to walk through it. Let's hope more offers come in.
At 33.5 weeks, we packed me up in the car to drive across town and have our wedding photographer (and friend) Sandra Reed do a maternity session with us. We had talked about doing this long before I went on bed rest. She herself was on bed rest with her last child and knows how hard it is. She and her husband Shad found a studio without stairs, and accommodated me with a couch to lay on in between shots. I've posted some of our sneak peeks and it brings tears to my eyes to have such beautiful images of us awaiting our little one.
We've been snowed in for two days. It's still snowing. The good news is, those little neighbor kids shoveled our driveway and sidewalk again yesterday for a ridiculously low price. We're not going to challenge the going rate for child labor around here...just question their entrepreneurial futures :)
Tomorrow, I will be 36 weeks pregnant. Jeremy promises to take a picture of my belly very soon (it's getting BIG!) Our childbirth class is rescheduled for Saturday. My husband and I have a romantic Valentine's Day planned at a fondue restaurant and I might just take advantage of my laxed bed rest privileges to venture out for a massage! I'll continue with modified bed rest and stay on my meds until 37 weeks, hoping to buy ourselves a little more time since Jeremy's rotation is being so inflexible with him.
All the while, we'll continue to show our house, wash tiny clothes and get even closer to a full term baby.
Now THAT'S and update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like things are going well! I hope you get what you want for the house...I agree with not wanting to risk homelessness with a newborn, haha!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, you're nominated for an award on my blog :)
I am so, ridiculously, over the moon excited for you guys. YOU DID IT. Our boy was born at 36w2d and came home the very next day. You are so there! I'm overjoyed for you! Holding you tight in my thoughts and prayers during your final stretch. :)
ReplyDeletearen't baby showers the best? you get to get lots of presents, but its not selfish or jerky cuz they aren't even for you! :)
ReplyDeletei love showers, even when they aren't mine. i could browse baby stuff all day long! :)
good luck house selling!