Monday, February 15, 2010

I almost asaulted a woman over a frosty


How far along? 36 weeks 4 days
How big is baby? 6+ lbs
Total weight gain/loss: +20 lbs (but after consecutive weeks of gaining, I lost a 1/2 lb this week)
Maternity clothes? I was so happy to fit into my maternity clothes last night to go out to dinner. I didn't wear a single bit of casual spandex!
Stretch marks? Nope, holding out hope for a stretchie-free pregnancy.
Sleep: This isn't going well, I'm increasingly uncomfortable and not even my bed nest (comprised of a pregnancy wedge and 4 pillows) is helping. I wake up at 4am like clockwork to pee, and lay awake until around 6 or 630 staring at my sleeping husband. So if you're up at 4 - give me a buzz and we'll chat!
Best moment this week: 36 weeks, a massage and bed rest free Valentine's Day with my hubs!
Movement: My ribs and sternum are pretty sore, he pushes and stretches every available inch of space in my abdomen.
Food cravings: I'm pretty hungry and although my eyes are bigger than the skittle-sized pocket that is inevitable my baby crushed stomach - I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING I SEE.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Almost 9 weeks of bed rest and we're holding strong. He's okay to come anytime now, can you believe it??
Belly Button in or out? Mostly flat but it's tempted.
What I miss: breathing and sleeping are probably at the top of my list these days ;)
What I am looking forward to: I'm hoping to squeeze in a haircut and pedicure before this little guy arrives. Gaining some of my strength back in my legs. Also spending some "us" time with my husband before the baby comes.
Weekly Wisdom We went to childbirth class again this week but the only things I learned were that forceps look like GIANT salad tongs and I hope they aren't used to yank out my babe, you can't wipe your hoo-ha for about a week after delivery and you have to squirt it with a water bottle and carefully PAT DRY, AND during transition you will yell awful, terrible things at your husband and he has to forgive you because you are squeezing his spawn out of your body with all of your might.
Milestones: 36 weeks, getting some privileges from bed rest.

So the end of pregnancy has brought about some highly irrational thinking. Like last week when Jeremy left me reclining in the car while he ran into IKEA, a lady pulled up next to our parked car in her mini van and was eating a frosty. When I saw it I WANTED A FROSTY. Not only did I want, make that NEED, a frosty - I wanted HER frosty. I was sitting there thinking (irrationally) of ways that I could get it from her, like tapping on her car window and saying I was pregnant and I needed it more than she did. Or saying my blood sugar was low (which probably would have worked). Of course I didn't act on my crazy-pants urge and was somehow able to wait until Jeremy came out and could drive me the .1 miles to the Wendy's drive through - but seriously? That lady could have been a germ infested spit eater and I LEGITIMATELY WANTED TO SCARF DOWN HER HALF EATEN FROSTY.

Then my mom and I were watching reruns of Two and a half Men the other day and they were eating lasagna for dinner AND NOW I WANT LASAGNA FOR DINNER. I DON'T EVEN LIKE LASAGNA!!!!!

I hope I can continue to find what little shred of sense I have left to prevent me from killing someone or eating a mouse if one happens to look delicious. But please don't show me food you're not willing to hand over, immediately. Regardless of whether or not we actually know each other.

5 comments:

  1. I bet you go into labor at 4 a.m. When you start waking up like clockwork at a certain time, it's a sign. Sounds stupid, I know. My cousin told me this when I was pregnant, and I just nodded politely. Then I woke up at my usual time in labor. Same thing happened with number two. So get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you, mama! today, you are 2 days further than i was when connor was born, and he came home with me the very next day. you did it!!!

    oh, and i SO UNDERSTAND the frosty thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and for me? 4am was when Connor was kicking up a storm, so I'd always wake up and lay awake for hours, just like you. I went into labor at 6:30pm, but 4am is still the time he's very awake and active...feeding time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I woke up at 3:00AM consistently for the last two weeks of my pregnancy. Water broke at 3:00AM the day after Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that's what it takes to watch Two and a half Men: Raging pregnancy hormones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails