Monday's are exciting for me, mostly because I get to leave the house for my doctor appointment. It's the one day of the week that I brush the tangles out of my hair and strap my enormous breasts into a bra for a car ride. I even kicked it up a notch today by spreading on some mascara and eyeliner for the first time in almost two months AND topped it off with a little squirt of perfume. Fancy dancy!
We had another successful appointment today, Dr. K says we're still holding tight at status quo. He even said that my cervix felt slightly more closed. Hey, I'll take any little bits of good news I can get. I also gained TWO pounds since last week bringing my grand pregnancy total to .... TWELVE POUNDS! Go me! Go Baby! I've been on bed rest for about four weeks now and we have four more to go, I'm beginning to think I can do this.
I got a little boost of hope today when I read that my blog friend Megan gave birth to a beautiful little boy at 36w2d. She was put on bed rest at the same point in her pregnancy as me, was in and out of the hospital with preterm contractions and she was exactly five weeks ahead of me. She gave birth 20 hours after being taken off her medication, but not before enjoying her freedom from bed rest with a haircut and one last romantic dinner out with her husband, just the two of them.
If I'm lucky enough to be set free from bed-jail, after I've cooked this little one up real good, I want to:
Get a haircut (my bangs are MEGA OUT OF CONTROL)
Get a pedicure (my husband is currently cutting my toe nails. Yes. I'm completely serious.)
Eat Thai food AT THE RESTAURANT with my darling husband
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great to hear good news again!! :o)
ReplyDeleteMore people need to know about your blogs, you are funny and such a great writer!
Thank you!!! I always wish I was Heir to Blair :)
ReplyDelete