Sunday, November 22, 2009

Viability Week!! (stay in there baby, stay in)


How far along? 24 weeks 4 days
How big is baby? Just over 1 lb and a foot long (the length of an ear of corn).
Total weight gain/loss: +5 lbs
Maternity clothes? My belly is busting out of my non-pregnancy shirts in an offensive way - guess those are retired for the season.
Stretch marks? Nope, still giving myself a daily lotion bath. Also, I found lotion that you can put on IN THE SHOWER!
Sleep: Making some progress here, much to my husbands disappointment because I now take up 90% of our king bed with me, my baby belly and my nest of pillows. We also had to trade sides of the bed so I could be closer to the bathroom. As a result- he's been waking up with no idea where he is! The other night he was roaming around the room looking for some shorts to put on because he thought someone was going to walk in on him. Yes, my husband sleep talks and it entertains me greatly.
Best moment this week: Slept in with my husband this weekend for the first time in over three months.
Movement: I think I'm brewing up a wriggly octopus in there!
Food cravings: I'm onto my peppermint kick for the winter - had my first peppermint hot chocolate of the season while people watching in Boston.
Gender: Boy, who apparently can hear sounds now so my husband is teaching him how to fart and burp with spirit.
Labor Signs: Still praying for a full term baby.
Belly Button in or out? In (barely!), and yesterday while inspecting it, my husband found a booger in there. No one has claimed it yet.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and not having to use the airplane lavatory. ALSO, squatting to pee - NOT POSSIBLE ANYMORE. Oh the germ phobia that overwhelms me when I cannot find a thin paper seat cover!!
What I am looking forward to: Hosting Thanksgiving dinner for BOTH families!
Weekly Wisdom: Remember when I told you how bad I am about reading baby books - I found a solution! Happiest Baby on the Block makes a DVD (only 38 minutes!) that hubs and I watched yesterday. It was probably filmed in 1980, but the 5 "S" techniques/demonstrations had us both in awe.
Milestones: My GINORMOUS boobs are now officially resting on my rounded abdomen. SHELF BELLY. AWESOME.

I always decide to take my belly pictures at night when the light is terrible. This picture is brought to you by "maybe if I edit it in black and white it won't look like total crap" (except for the belly shadows, but work with me people.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails