Hello interested readers - this is my first official post as "Dad." I lack the creative writing skills of my dear wife, but I felt it was necessary to write my first blog.
Scene: An incredibly proud and handsome man enters Quizos to get his glowing, gorgeous wife a sub.
Quizos worker (young man with mohawk): What can I get for you?
Me: I'd like a veggie sub, no mushrooms, add pepperoni, pizza sauce and banana peppers
Quizos worker (now confused): so you want a veggie sub with PEPPERONI?
Me: Yes
Quizos worker to other Quizos worker (with mohawk): That's a medium veggie with pepperoni
Other Quizos worker: Why would you get a veggie sub with pepperoni?
Quizos worker #1: I don't know... (looks at me, probably appears more confused than usual due to mohawk)
Me: When you have a pregnant wife, you'll understand
Middle-aged woman in line behind me (smiles broadly)
Tamara has been fortunate in that she hasn't had very many cravings in her first 23 weeks. The only things that I have been aware of are:
1. She now hates ice cream ( I do not, however, but she understand that)
2. She now loves "spicy" food. This is actually a huge change, since when I used to even grind pepper on meals she would say it was too spicy. She now likes a 3 out of 10 at our favorite Thai restaurant. This is up from a 1.
3. Sour candy - Unless it has a gooey center, which hurts her teeth, and we have found out that sour gummy Life Savers are gross - therefore I have eaten all of the aforementioned unapproved sour candies.
4. She'll eat cheesecake now - gross
5. Her eyes are bigger than her stomach - I think this might be a literally true statement, honestly.
6. She can tolerate WAY more carbs than before - this has led to more pizza and desserts - this is awesome!
I hope you all have enjoyed my first blog. More to come.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment