Dear Baby,
Tonight I am gushing with anticipation, because tomorrow we get to take a peek into your cozy little hide-a-away to check in on you. We will get to see your little face and fingers and toes. We will see you move around and you can show us all of the tricks you're doing in there, the ones I can feel really well right about now. Tomorrow we will see how big you are and we'll know if we're going to dress you up in little pink dresses or shower you with boats and trucks. Whichever it is baby, we are thankful and love you so much already.
And we aren't the only ones! Oh if you could have seen your grandparents when we told them all about you. Your grandpa Dick was pretty shocked and couldn't believe how big you are already. Those grandmas just couldn't stop crying - tears of joy (and surprise!) And your grandpa David, he said he had to pinch himself. On our wedding night, we were dancing (he's a pretty good dancer, just like your Daddy) and he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready to be a grandpa now." Your grandpa David is so excited for you to be here, not excited on the outside like your grandmas Debbie and Ellen, but beaming with pride on the inside. He was ready for you a while ago, we all were, but you took your sweet time. Sometimes I dream that babies are up in heaven looking down on who they want to pick to be their parents. I like to think you were waiting for us to be ready for you. I like to think you saw how much your Daddy and I love each other and knew we would all be a perfect fit. I'm glad you chose us and I cannot wait to see what your little spirit has in store for us!
I love being pregnant with you. I love everything about it. Having you inside me makes me feel beautiful and confident. I stare at my changing body in amazement every single morning and I'm so proud to make room for you as you grow (even if you do push on my bladder a lot). I love that you like cycling just as much as I do, we need our exercise right? I'm so happy that you like vinegar and tomato sauce and I hope when you come out you are not a picky eater like your Daddy. But even if you are, there's plenty of macaroni and cheese to go around.
Oh my sweet baby I have so much to tell you about, my lifetime of memories. Your Daddy and I cannot wait to shower you with hugs and kisses. There is so much love in our house and we cannot wait to love on you too. We're half way done with our journey me and you, but we have our entire lives to know and love one another.
I'll see you tomorrow little one. Keep those kicks comin', I can feel you getting stronger every day.
Love,
Mamma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Own Letter to Baby :)
ReplyDeleteDear little cousin baby,
Tomorrow is the day I find out if my future ring bearer or flower girl is on the way! One problem with that is I don’t have my groom yet (but that’s a minor detail). I’m not in any rush, but hopefully you wont be in high school by the time that event occurs. Either way I must tell you that you are the luckiest little baby to be. Your mommy has always been one of my favorite people and I know she is going to be the best mom you could ever ask for. She is already taking the best care of you while you are growing big and strong inside of her. Every time I need a pick me up I check out her blog to read about the new progress you are making on your way into the world. Our family is so excited for you to be born. Since I found out about your arrival I’ve been secretly trying to plot ways to ensure your daddy’s job will be as close to me in long island as possible. No matter how far away you end up though, I CAN’T WAIT to visit you.
Love always,
Marissa <3
YAY! You find out today!
ReplyDelete