Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hiccups!

I had my nuchal translucency scan today and the tech said everything looks good! Well, the FIRST thing the tech said was, "Well you sure don't look pregnant." It took her 45 minutes to take the measurements because this is one active baby! He/she was bouncing around in there like it was dance party USA. She'd try to measure the head, then! wait! feet! She'd try again to measure something... then! wait! side view! hands flailing around! rolling! feet! hands! face! She took a really cute image of the baby facing us with his/her arm up over the head. It looks like the baby is waiving! (first picture below) It really was adorable to see.

After 45 minutes she told me to go empty my bladder and see if the baby calmed down. Sure enough - I came back and the baby had settled down and gone to sleep.

The tech said, "It looks like this little baby has hiccups, although I usually don't see that this early."

We also saw the baby open and close it's mouth and stretch out LOOOOOONG with his/her arms and legs. BIG STRETCH!

The baby is measuring 13 weeks exactly and I'M THIRTEEN WEEKS TOMORROW! Headed into the second trimester on Sunday and feeling very lucky to have this little one in there.

Here are some of the pictures they gave me to take home. I had to scan them in and send them to Jeremy - oh I wished so much that he was there today. He says baby looks like him. If he's talking about the picture with the alien face waving "Hi Momma!" - I agree. I totally agree.

FINALLY cooperating ...

Sleepy baby

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S A BABY IN THERE! A BABY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails