Wednesday, January 9, 2013

THE POTTY.


Last week Owen told me he wanted to go pooh-pooh in the potty. I was shocked since he hasn't wanted to have anything to do with the potty in months. He exclusively pooped in the potty for a week and so today I suggested he wear some underwear while we are in the house (I've been stockpiling undies when I find them, he wears the smallest size possible (2t or xxs) and they are hard to find. Mr. Skinny McNoButt needs adjustable waist underwear!)

We talked about how food and water goes into our bodies and that pee-pee and pooh-pooh come out. I told him our bodies are amazing that way and we need to listen to our bodies if we feel the need to go to the potty.

He looked up at me and said, "But what about accidents? What if I have an accident?"

and there it was.

This was clearly what our little thinker has been pondering over.

I told him that everyone has accidents. "Even Daddy?" he asked. Yes. Even Daddy. (hehe)

I told him accidents happen but it's okay and I love him very much regardless.

He wore undies all day accident-free and each time he felt the need to go to the bathroom he ran down the hall saying,

"I FEEL MY BODY!!!" 

.... to be continued

1 comment:

  1. I love this post SO MUCH. We use the same language when telling Connor that he needs to listen to his body. "Are you listening? What is your body telling you?" we say. And as soon as he started wearing underwear, there were no more diapers, only pull-ups, to get him used to the feel of underwear. The other day we ran out of pull-ups and I had to put him in a size 6 diaper we had in the garage and he THREW A ROYAL FIT. "I'm not a baby!" he kept screaming. It broke my heart. While he napped I went right out and bought more pull-ups! :)

    Great work, Mr. O! It's all about timing...he had to be ready and it looks like he's ready ready ready! Before you know it you won't even be giving it a second thought when you put him in his carseat with underwear on. It'll just click and though accidents still happen, over here, too, they'll become few and far between. We're still a long way from no pull-up during nap and overnight, but that's fine by me.

    We also got a travel potty...cheap on Amazon. No clean up because the lining is just gallon Ziploc bags. It folds up super small and if we're ever in the car and Connor announces he has to go, we just pull over really quickly and avoid the accident. :) Let me know if you want the link to the potty we have.

    Great job, Owen! What a big boy you are!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails