Saturday, December 29, 2012

Big Day: Owen's first REAL snow

Today was the first BIG snow since Owen was walking and aware enough to care. I saw it first thing this morning and thought how sad it was the Jeremy wasn't home to take him out to play in it. When I was little my Dad always took us outside to play in the snow, never my mom. Her job was to bundle us up and send us on our way.

And then it dawned on me, that I could take him outside to play. We waited until Gil was asleep in the swing and we bundled ourselves up and headed outside.

Owen was so incredibly happy. These pictures, they capture exactly what he was doing and feeling.

He ate snow, he made a snow angel, he ran and made footprints in every inch of our yard.

And then the two of us made this happy little snowman. We named him Soloman.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails