Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at home. The boys and I woke up and watched the Thanksgiving Parade with Nana and Papa.

This was my fourth time cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and I'm happy to report that I'm getting quite proficient at it! I don't touch the turkey - but thankfully Jeremy or Nana have taken care of that, but the rest is falling together quite nicely. Now if I could just conquer Passover seder - OY!

I made my first (and second!) pie. A sea salt caramel apple pie with flaky crust from scratch and I had enough left over crust for a creamy pumpkin pie. This is something that has been on my bucket list for several years so I'm happy to have learned - and they were good! WIN!

Owen made a Thanksgiving craft the day before


And in the morning Owen was running around and falling to the ground while Gillen giggled hysterically. It was so adorable and reminded me of all the things I'm thankful for this year (more on this here at Kveller), my family is at the top of my list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails