Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gillen's Special Party

We had lots of friends and family celebrate with us for Gil's "special party" as we told Owen. We were so honored that our friend Rich, who presided over Owen's brit milah, made the trip from Seattle to Pittsburgh for our second son. Owen's ceremony was held in our home in Dayton but our apartment could not accommodate everyone so we had it at the Temple. It was a beautiful day and the small chapel in our Temple turned out to be a beautiful space for it.

A friend catered for us and the theme was "picnic style" I made all of the decorations while I was pregnant, cupcake toppers and a banner with his Hebrew name on it. I designed the centerpieces from something I saw on Pinterest

We promised Owen could have a cupcake at his brother's party... he had three.
By far my favorite quote of the day was during the first photo below when I found myself saying, 
"Owen you have to wear pants on your brother's special day!"
Our clever firstborn found a great way to get attention that morning... 
obviously you can see who won this battle.

1 comment:

  1. oh lovely! what a wonderful celebration this looks like! :)

    Pantless makes everything more fun :)

    and mama, you look AMAZING! i can't believe you had a baby 8days ago!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails