Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This boy can TALK!

Jeremy and I were laughing this week because we got a 30-month "update email" from babycenter.com (a site that give you milestones every month) and it said, "Your 30 month old should be able to name a few body parts and may be putting words together like "Car, go" or "Kitty furry" --- I actually had to double check to make sure it wasn't the 18 month email!

Owen never stops talking. Never. Ever. Right now he loves to talk about his pony ride and he tells everyone, "I'm going to be a big brother REALLY REALLY SOON!!"

Sometimes he says odd off the wall stuff. Like we were driving in the car one afternoon and he says to me, "Mama, are you touching my penis right now?" I almost crashed the car but managed to reply, "Nope, I'm driving the car." To which he replies, "Oh. Okay." 

He sings everything - row, row row your boat, wheels on the bus, B-I-N-G-O, ABC he even saw some kids playing Ring Around the Rosie ONCE at a La Leche Meeting this month and now he spins around in the living room singing it!

It's very funny because we are beginning to notice him picking up words and phrases that we did not teach him. For example, Jeremy took him to the park one evening and there is a little balance beam there. Just before Owen stepped on he said to Jeremy, "This is kind of tricky." Which we concluded he learned from his babysitter Maria ;)  Then one day he said, "I have to make a schedule!" which Jeremy accused me of teaching him and then we realized on of the episodes of Curious George on his ipod is about George making a schedule :) (see, not my fault!)

Today he was crying (with tears!) out of nowhere. We had this conversation.

Me: Owen, what are you doing?
O: Crying.
Me: Why?
O: For no reason.
Me: Then don't you think you should stop?
O: Okay.
::end crying::

Owen has been trying out new adjectives like "sticky" "crunchy" and "tastey" -- the crunchy one has had very little context until a conversation we had with him last night.

Daddy: Owen, what things are crunchy?
O: Pretzels!
Daddy: Yes! Pretzels are crunchy!
O: Pretzels and CHIPS!
Daddy: Yes! Both of those things are crunchy. What else is crunchy?
O: BUMBLEBEES!
(Jeremy and I were laughing hysterically!) 
Daddy: Yes, I'd imagine if you ate one it would be kind of crunchy. Anything else?
O: Vegatables. Vegetables are crunchy Daddy.
Daddy: Yes Owen all of those things are very crunchy.

Marissa sent him a "wallet" with one dollar inside a while back. He keeps it in his toy room. Today he brought me the wallet and asked me to help him open it. He took out the money (which we told him is VERY special paper that we never rip) and said this, "Can I save this special money for a Pony ride?" It was one of the cutest things I've ever heard, I almost cried.

And last but not least we've entered into the NON STOP QUESTION PHASE.
He points to things (even things he knows) over and over again and says, "What's THIS?"
And all day he says, "What are you doing, Mama?" 

So much going on in that little brain of his - we're trying to be patient, understanding and write down as much of this stuff as possible!


5 comments:

  1. This afternoon C and I were playing and when two of his cars crashed together he said, "What a JERK!" Apparently I need to watch what I say while I'm driving because he definitely got that from me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owen has recently been saying, "That's weird" which he CLEARLY got from Jeremy. Whenever I'm in the car and speak Owen asks, "Are you talking to the drivers?"

      Delete
  2. OMG are you touching my penis? *i die*

    Again I'm wishing for the millionth time that we lived closer because I think that C & O would be very good friends. :)

    Also, I am sending you a present for Baby Brother.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha, this is so awesome (also, granola is crunchy :-p)!

    its funny we have late talkers so we get those emails and are like, "ppfffft! stringing words together?!? as if!" takes all kinds!

    also, i might have fallen out of my chair at the penis comment :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this again and am cracking up that Owen acknowledged he was crying for no reason. LOVE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails