This boy is the light of my life. Every day that I am home with him he does something to amaze me. He is speaking in full sentences now and cracks us up with his requests and constant negotiations.
Owen is very descriptive and most of his descriptions involve being immensely positive about one thing or another. "I really, really like this!" "It's SO SO good!" and my personal favorite, "It's not good, IT'S DELICIOUS!"
I think he gets this little bit of (exaggeration?) enthusiasm from his Mama ;)
Today a Katy Perry song came on the radio in the car (because let's be real there is only so much kid music one Mama can listen to) and Owen says, "Oh Mama I like this song! Makes me so, so happy!" While his taste in music is a parenting FAIL on my part, I almost died from the cuteness.
I've been trying to do some extra special things with him, treasuring our time before Baby Brother comes. Today after I took him to the pool for toddler swim he said he was hungry. I knew we could go home for lunch and have sandwiches but I decided to take him to McDonald's instead. He loves to sit next to me in the booth like a big boy and eat his meal. At the counter after I ordered Owen looked at the lady and said, "Owen will have a hot dog." I laugh just typing this because the cuteness NEVER STOPS.
Whenever we tell him, "No." about something as in "No you cannot have another ice cream sandwich" he looks at us and says, "Well, maybe." In his mind, everything is a maybe ;)
There are a few things that make my heart break a little.
He used to call banana's "mee-mas" and recently he started saying "banana" plain as day.
He has started saying, "I don't like it" at the dinner table, which he has never said before.
He also says, "I don't want to." --- and every time he says it I have to hold back my frown-y face
He also says, "Owen can't do it." which I am trying to reinforce with only positive feedback and encouragement. He gets easily frustrated and it makes me so sad when he says this.
He still calls tomatoes "baby-TUR-TALLS" which I absolutely LOVE.
His growing up only brings more joy, never less. Endless streaming thoughts, nothing withheld. And MORE love and sweetness than one Mama can take on a daily basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


He sounds just like my daughter! She says things like, "Charlotte can go play outside," "Charlotte can have another cookie," and if she falls down or gets a boo boo she says, "I'm okay." Just a few of her many positive comments...so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI almost died from the cuteness of this post!! LOVE! My son is 10 months old and starting to talk..can't wait to hear sentences like this! =)
ReplyDeleteplease frame that last picture. please :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing, this age? Connor and Owen are doing so many similar things right now, and saying so much of the same things, too! Connor has also started saying, "I can't do it" and it breaks my heart...Kevin and I just reinforce, "Yes, you can! You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to! Try again!" Perhaps a bit grown up for a little guy, but it comes out of our mouths again and again. Owen is amazing. You and Jeremy are doing such an incredible job! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWe're just happy to hear the Turtals are still in the lexicon. Lord knows that well after he's moved past that phase we'll be reminding him and making him listen to the recordings.
ReplyDelete