Today I had another OB appointment and cervical ultrasound. My cervix appeared scrunched and distorted on the ultrasound and the tech measured it at 7cm, which didn't make any sense. I guess I was having a contraction, not a labor
contraction but a uterine contraction. The tech said during those kinds of contractions it can be hard to measure or give an abnormally long (or short) measurement.
We were getting
ready to leave for vacation and they wanted to be absolutely sure it was okay for me to make the 14 hour car trip to South Carolina so Owen and I had
to wait around for half hour and then the tech came back in to remeasure. The
contraction had stopped and the cervix measured 3.9cm. The doctor said it looks like it's gotten longer since my last scan, which is a great sign.
Baby Brother looked great, fluid levels were perfect and his heart beat was steady at 155. Even better, I was cleared to go on vacation and participate in any activities (within reason) as long as I wasn't having pelvic pain/pressure or contracting.
Owen was SUCH a good boy for our long morning at the doctor. Once we were home he was ready to help me sort though my swim suits to find one for the beach!
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so glad everything is looking so good! Good job, little brother!
ReplyDelete*longer* than before?! HOORAY!! :) who knew one day i'd be cheering on someone else's cervix :-p
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear all about your trip!! Loved the pics on FB xoxo
ReplyDelete