Tonight Owen went pee-pee on the potty for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!
We've been reading books about the potty and we have a little potty in the bathroom that he likes to try before bath time. He likes to sit on it throughout the day but has never relaxed enough to actually pee.
Tonight as I was running his bath, he walked right over to the potty, sat down, and pee'ed!
I was so excited I nearly cried! Jeremy and I made a HUGE deal out of what big boy he was and I handed him his much-anticipated "treat".... a single M&M
He was so excited about his "potty treat" he turned right around and dropped it into the potty!
I laughed so hard I nearly wet my own pants! And then I explained to him that the "potty treat" is for him to eat, not to put in the potty and he immediately turned around to fish it back out of the toilet! NOOOOO!
I gave him a new one and he was very happy with it! (he immediately asked for another and tried to sit down and pee again...he's only had candy one other time at trick-or-treat and I don't think he remembered just how much he likes it!)
I showed him how we dump our pee pee in the big potty and flush it.
Such a big night for our boy!! (and such a GREAT story for his first time on the potty)
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great job Owen!! Such a sweet "first time" potty story!
ReplyDeleteYaaaay, Owen! What a big boy - so proud of you! xoxo
ReplyDelete