Friday, December 23, 2011

Chanukah Shabbat

Night four was by far our best night of Chanukah, because we celebrated two holidays in one night. Owen was so excited all day for "baht-baht, more Chankah!" and it was absolutely melting my heart.

I wrote about my first experience with Chanukah Shabbat here on Kveller.com

The three of us celebrated with homemade latkes, Jeremy's grandmother's brisket recipe and lots of candles. We even danced a little and Owen opened a few presents.

This evening is by far my favorite Chanukah memory yet!

Our downstairs neighbor (who claims to dislike children) brought Owen over some gelt and a musical dreidel. It was really, really sweet. I told him he'd gone soft on us ;)  -- Also this is what Owen does when I say, "Smile! Show me your teeth!"
He's getting ready for "baht-baht"
Very excited about his Shabbat play set. We light our candles with a Bic torch lighter, so naturally he thought the wooden knife that came with the set was a lighter :)

And we even have a video of Owen dancing and Daddy flipping latkes (please ignore my loud commentary...) Also you'll notice when I turn the camera away from him he demands the spotlight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails