When we left for the dinner, Owen was eating happily and didn't even skip a beat to say goodbye to us. I gave her DETAILED (read: crazy overprotective mama) instructions on how to feed, clothe, and put my sweet boy to bed. He usually nurses before bed, so she obviously wasn't going to do that -- but I showed her his sleep sack, story line-up and bedtime ipod play list. Bedtime was at 8:30pm. She texted me at 8:40 to tell me he was sound asleep. (texting the babysitter = AWESOME = peace of mind)
When we got home from the BOR-ING dinner, she told me how sweet our boy is and that when they settled into the rocking chair he pointed to the door and cried a little for Mama showing the sign for "baby milk" then he snuggled his head up underneath her chin, whimpered and fell asleep. ((mama's heart is mush)) She said it was the most adorable thing she's ever seen. Bridgette is sweet as can be and is an occupational therapy graduate student at Pitt. Don't get me wrong, $10 per hour adds up quickly but I was so thankful to have such a wonderful person watching my most precious gift.
(don't think I didn't go right in, scoop up my baby and nursed him while he slept and snuggled me. I just wanted him to know I was back)
That was our trial run. The next Friday we were invited to an awesome party for our friend's Kristen & Matt's 10th Anniversary. They are from Boston and had their rehearsal dinner at Fenway park. Just so happens that on their 10th anniversary (to the day!) the Red Sox were in Pittsburgh playing the Pirates. They got a luxury box and invited 15 friends to celebrate with free food, alcohol, cake (oh.. and a baseball game)
The field is gorgeous and even though I don't care one bit about baseball it was a great way to
They set up a ride for us so we didn't have to drive and Jeremy and I were thrilled to have a night out where we could both drink and play.
![]() |
| custom Red Sox cake - it was DE-LISH! |
![]() |
| Die-hard fans, these two! |
Jeremy took advantage of the free beer and I had two vodka/cranberry, a frozen margarita and half a bottle of white zin ( I don't even LIKE white zin!!) -- Needless to say my lips were numb and I had no idea the game had ended. "GO SPORTS!"
We had a really great time. Go Pirates! (?)







Go Sox! lol that couple sounds awesome - I totally need to steal that idea for an anniversary/birthday gift for Brian one day (he's a diehard fan).
ReplyDeletealso, that is so awesome that owen did so well! i'm trying to imagine if i could do that.... (not if i could leave him [because i could. i think :-p], but if he'd let someone else do it.... here's hoping he does once BRian is back!)
HAHAHAAH!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour story sounds so much like the first time I left Charlie, at 16 months. However I was HUGE with child so there was no alcohol. :*(
But it was that who leaving him.
I sobbed, and I left him with my mother overnight.
We were all better for it.
Last week, it was it.
Like you said, I had to leave them both, for the sake of my marriage and myself.
No tears, this time, but I was worried b/c I have had such a hard time with Jack.
Everyone did awesome.
And I got to enjoy several drinks. I was a party animal!
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI'm your new follower from the Alexa-lowering hop and have been reading your well-written posts and great pictures. Your family is beautiful and please check me out at your convenience.
Love,
Me