Monday, May 9, 2011

Things I'm Loving Right Now

I've been struggling to fit blogging into my day, so I'm sorry the posts have been mostly pictures and updates and less insight on what I'm thinking. I've been using Kveller for my creative writing outlet but I'm hoping to provide more content here too. Now that Owen only takes one nap, I need to manage my time better (like forget the laundry I *think* about doing and just blog instead).

These are a few things that are making my life easier right now, I thought I'd share!

Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm

I had a few coupons from Rite Aid for this and that's the only reason I was willing to try a $7 chap stick but I'm glad I did. I went with the Red Dahlia color and it's the perfect addition to any diaper bag, soft smooth chap stick with a nice pop of color. I think I've worn actual lipstick twice since Owen was born but this is like the best of both worlds - practical with a hint of glam. Its definitely worth the Mama splurge. Now if I could just stop obsessing about not putting it through the washer ;)

Boogie Wipes
I bought the original scent of these before and thought they were a waste of money. Saline wipes? Big deal. I also felt the smell was overwhelming and prefer Owen's milky, baby smell to the face wipes. I saw these on sale a month ago and thought they were unscented. A few weeks ago O got his first cold and he's had a runny nose ever since. Constant wiping with tissues makes his little nose red so I switched back to these and LOVE THEM. Even hard, crusted-on boogies come right off. While I still think I'd rather have the unscented version the sweet menthol smell is nice and doesn't linger like the original scent.

Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale

I don't drink caffeine and haven't in over five years, I have a sensitivity to it so I just avoid it all together. It really isn't a big deal because I was never much of a coffee drinker but it does limit the variety of what I can drink, especially when we are out. I get so excited when a restaurant has caffeine-free diet options on their fountain (thank you chick-fil-a) but my staple is the one can of caffeine-free diet Dr. Pepper I have at home everyday. The rest of the time I drink water, and while its boring -- its the best way to stay hydrated and make milk. My friend Kelly turned me onto this when I visited her in Asheville and its a nice option to have in the house. I used to only drink ginger ale when I was sick but I've managed to get past that and kind of like that I now have a drink option in the house that Jeremy won't guzzle down before I can get to it. Because according to him, ginger ale is for when you are sick ;)

The perfect Toddler Towel
     Owen has outgrown all of his baby towels *sniff* and we found that if we put the hood on him right out of the bath there was hardly any towel left to bundle him up in. I bought this Aden + Anais set before Owen was born from a deal site where it was over 50% off and got rave reviews. I remember opening the package and thinking, "this thing is HUGE!" and I packed it away. I pulled it out a few weeks ago and it is the PERFECT towel for wrapping up a squeaky clean 14-month old. I love that it still has a hood (baby = hooded towel) but it envelopes him in fluffy softness all the way down to his baby toes. We can literally wrap him up in it like we used to do with his infant towels. Its quite pricey for a towel, so I'm cherishing the one I happened to have but if I ever find another one on sale I will be scooping it up. Note: The A&A washcloths are also huge, I used it as a burp cloth when O was a baby and still think its too big for bathtime. I guess you could just look at it as a free gift you get with the awesome towel ;)



Tell me, what are you loving right now?

1 comment:

  1. ugh, diet soda - how can you stand the taste :P

    hmmm.... i'm loving.... starbucks after mass on sundays and my little overpriced organic chapstick from food lion.

    simple things for simple folks right? :-p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails