Monday, March 21, 2011

We have our baby back

Thank you for all of your calls, texts, messages and prayers.We went to the doctor yesterday and while O was still miserable (he slept on me and nursed for most of the visit) it was just a virus running its course. We did feel even worse for him when the doctor looked in his mouth and declared it a "war zone" with four molars half-through and two incisors pushing in. Teething has not been kind to Mr. O.

Owen's fever finally broke early this morning. He ate breakfast for me for the first time since Thursday so that was a relief.

I knew he was back to his old self again when he was dancing with Ellen DeGeneres this morning.

I'll admit, both Jeremy and I took advantage of the sick baby snuggles over the past three days. He hasn't slept on us since he was a newborn and it felt nice to have a cuddly boy who needed us, but we are thrilled to have a happy, healthy boy back and I'm happy to not be sleeping on the couch anymore.

Our first real sickness was quite the experience. I now have to stop myself from buying a plastic bubble to lock him in until he's 18.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see he's on the mend! Have you guys tried any milk yet? I'm so confused on how to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - those jammies. I am slayed! So glad you are feeling better, Owen!

    Kelly - my son is 14 months and breastfed, but also takes bottles of breastmilk. 2 months ago, when we began introducing whole milk, we started adding it to his breastmilk bottles. If he took a 6oz bottle, we added 1oz whole milk, 5oz breastmilk...did that for a few days, then increased the ratio. Now, he still drinks breastmilk in bottles (he refuses the breast now, but I still pump), but he will also take whole milk, straight up. I hope that works for you, too! We just introduced little by little. Our next challenge is getting him off bottles and strictly onto sippy cups.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails