Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cupcakes and Kool-Aid

What do 

A children's librarian
A veterinarian
A writer
A doctor
and a public health researcher 

have in common?

Answer: 
Some slammin' cool dance moves! 

Jeremy's schedule is really unpredictable so I miss out on most 'Mom's Night Out' events because I am home with Owen. So last night (while Jeremy was on call at the hospital) I hosted a 'Moms Night IN' at our place after Mr. O went to bed. 
I made some snacks, Kool-Aid and CUPCAKES!! 
(I used Red Velvet mix instead of German Chocolate and omitted the food coloring. I used plain cream cheese icing and they were quite possibly some of the best cupcakes I've EVER HAD)
We partied until after 11pm and it was so nice to let loose with friends. We chatted about food, nursing, pumping, pooping, exercise and of course - BABIES. But there was lots of eating, and dancing and fun to be had by a group of 30-something girls just hanging out.
I've been very lucky to have met some wonderful Mama's here and everyone is making huge sacrifices to stay home with their littlest loves. Its so inspiring!

Sometimes a Mama just needs someone to eat cupcakes with.

2 comments:

  1. oh mamas nites - i miss 'em!

    glad you had some fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun and our night last night. we went to a friends (with Jack in tow) and all us mamas talked about bf, potty training and the like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails