Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cruise'n

Over the last few weeks Owen has amazed us. He isn't crawling on all fours (although he has attempted it in the last few days) but can get wherever he wants quite efficiently with his combat crawl. Just before the holidays we were given a box of toys from a friend ( LOVE hand-me-downs). In the box amongst links, two shape sorters and some blocks, was a music table. We set it up for Owen last week and HE LOVES IT! He lifts the flaps to make it say, "peek-a-boo" and knows how to turn on all of the sounds. He will stand there for over a half hour just playing with it. But god forbid we should put anything in that bowl as he insists the bowl remain empty ;)  My friend told me they used to put cheerios in there for her daughter to work on balance and she would stand there forever to eat the cheerios one by one. We'll see if O wants cheerios in his bowl tomorrow.



Owen PULLS UP! on EVERYTHING now. He CRUISES! around the crib, around the couch and can even transition between this table, the coffee table and the furniture in our living room.

He WAVES! bye-bye in the most adorable uncoordinated way I've ever seen. He is starting to get some fine motor control over his arms and hands. He sticks out his pointer finger to touch mine, especially when I sing "Where is pointer? Where is pointer? Here I am! Here I am!"  He has become a pro at getting food in his mouth, even very small pieces. I have been trying to get him to sign "milk" when he wants to nurse (instead of biting me) and the sign for "more" when he's eating. I know he watches me, but I'm still waiting for him to sign back.

He is doing so much so quickly these days. People always tell us that Owen has an "intelligent face" like he is studying things. His giggles are few and far between, he's a thinker our boy. He takes in everything he sees. I know he is understands a lot of what I say to him. When we put him in his booster seat we ask him to raise up his arm (so his fingers don't get pinched) AND HE DOES! He turns pages in books and crawls to me when he is tired or hungry.

I loved the snuggly newborn stage, and I ate up his chubby six month thighs, but what they say is true - every stage is wonderful and amazing. I gush. I'm just so proud.

2 comments:

  1. GAH. You took the words right out of my mouth. Connor and Owen are so similar right now. Incredible, our boys. We are doing something right, Mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is true, each stage has its awesome parts (and not so fun), so i never wish "Oh i wish he was still...." because there is always something new to enjoy.

    and, the really great thing is getting to do it again and again and again!

    your handsome boy makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails