Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Owen's First Chanukah!

The festival is observed by the kindling of the lights of a Hanukiah. The Shamash (helper candle) is used to light the other candles and sits up higher to illuminate the room. We light the Chankuah candles from left to right.


And what is a Jewish holiday (or anything for that matter) without FOOD! Owen enjoyed his first taste of latkes! We're making homemade ones on Saturday but these from Trader Joe's were perfect dipped in applesauce!


Owen's present from his Aunt Mimi arrived just in time for him to open on his very first night of Chanukah! (I thought for sure I had some holiday-appropriate paper stashed away but when I went to wrap his gift - nope! I did find some neutral purple paper and I don't think Owen noticed or cared ;)) He actually did a good job unwrapping, but somehow managed to bite off a chunk of paper and chew it up before we could swipe it out of his hand. We'll be looking for that little present in his diaper tomorrow ;)



New prewalker shoes! We love them!

2 comments:

  1. a) happy chanukah! and 2) cute shoes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your menorah! Very pretty. Those latkes look tasty, too! Enjoy your first Chanukah with Owen!! Happy Chanukah!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails