This week I found Owen sitting up in his crib for the first time. He's been working on transitions from tummy to sitting for a while now so I was happy he conquered his task. A few days later -- 2am to be exact -- I heard him yelling on the monitor. He was standing holding onto the side of his crib! I freaked out and ran in because the crib was not on the lowest setting. Jeremy was sleeping on the couch because he was on call, I felt terrible but had to wake him up to lower the crib (alan wrench? where the hell do we keep the alan wrench set?) He was really sweet when I woke him up and came in to see our tall boy - so proud of himself.
Took about a half hour to lower the crib. Daddy finally got back to sleep and was called into the hospital at 3am... lets just say he had a rough day the next day.
Now, as soon as Owen wakes up from his nap its party time in the crib. I always hear him on the monitor talking to himself while mastering acrobatics. He's been up on all fours rocking back and forth this week too - we'll see!
Also, apparently cribs are good for rolling, pull-ups and teething. AWESOME.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







love these pics.
ReplyDeletei really love the one eyed baby pic! :)
ReplyDeleteWe had to put a teething rail over our crib so little Carter the beaver doesn't wreck it!
ReplyDeleteWe got a baby rail, too - super soft so C doesn't bump his teeth. Loving the picture of the baby drool!
ReplyDeleteOMG can you tell how behind I am on your blog? Catching up now! :)