Today...
I made pickled beets with some fresh beets we picked up at a local farmers market. Much to my amazement, they tasted just like they should have, except I am the only one that likes beets so I had no one to share my success with.
Owen slept straight through the night until 8:15am. I was actually sad because I look forward to bringing him into bed with me for his 5am feeding. I have my entire life to sleep, I'd rather feed and cuddle my son.
I did two loads of laundry and piled them on top of the other three loads that are sitting in my living room waiting to be folded. They can wait.
I turned on the heat because Owen's toes were cold and we can't have that. I had forgotten how the warmth from a radiator wraps you up like a blanket and makes the air smell heavier.
I made cabbage rolls for dinner because Daddy was on call, and Daddy boycotts cabbage. They weren't that good, and the house still smells like cabbage.
We bought a jug of fresh cider from the apple orchard this weekend and while I was dying to heat some up and sprinkle it with cinnamon - I wanted to share the first sip with my husband. The cider can wait too.
Owen fought his morning nap but wanted to be rocked and cuddled. I put my finger in his mouth only to find two more teeth cutting through. That explains why he slept all weekend and why he wouldn't smile at the pumpkin patch.
I told my baby I loved him today. I told him many, many times today just like the day before and the day before that. He won't remember that I told him.
I won't remember the failed cabbage rolls, or the cider and the laundry that are still waiting but I'll remember those two little teeth and that I told him I loved him.
Today was a good day.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment