Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Breakfast

To celebrate Owen's 8-month birthday, I made him a very special breakfast. He had a blueberry (frozen) waffle (fancy right?) AND, for the very first time -- EGGS! Well, egg-yolk because egg white isn't supposed to be given to babies until 12 months or later for allergy risks blah, blah, blah.

I separated two egg yolks and whisked them up really well with about 1 oz of breastmilk. I beat lots of air into them, like like I do regular scrambled eggs, hoping for a light and fluffy consistency. And then I remembered I was making boobymilk yolks. The consistency was a little off - but Owen didn't seem to care. It made enough to last for a few meals. He loves to chew new textures so he was totally digging his breakfast. The waffle was BY FAR his favorite part. We topped it off with a little yogurt for good measure and Mama had the whites of the eggs with some cheese on top.

A wonderful birthday breakfast with my boy!


1 comment:

  1. OMG! That last picture is KILLING. ME. You are a beautiful, beautiful boy, Owen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails