The three of us traveled to SF for five days and four nights WITH ONE BAG. Jeremy insisted with the new "pay for your checked baggage" policy that we only carry one. As we fretted over the 50 lb weight limit and attempted to stuff five days worth of diapers in - I wanted to strangle my husband for his miserly ways. As we were leaving the house with one expertly packed bag, I said to him, "Just so you know, people don't pull off this kind of packing. This is unreal on every level." This comment was not made in a congratulatory tone, but I must admit it was nice to only have one bag to worry about as we strapped ourselves with baby and gear.
We gate checked the stroller/car seat and carried on the travel crib, breast pump and diaper bag. No personal bags for us, no purse for me. Nothing more. When we arrived at the baggage claim we couldn't find our bag, so we asked an agent.
Agent:"How many bags to you have?"
Us: "Just the one."
another agent chimes in: "For the three of you? ONE bag? And you're traveling with a baby?"
Jeremy (proudly): "Yes, a medium sized green bag. It actually weighed in at 49 lbs."
Astonished Agents: "You two should be on some kind of show or something. You are amazing."
As we walked away, bag and baby in hand
Me: "I'm not even going to say it...."
Jeremy: "Good, then don't. I don't want to be on a show, except if it earned us free plane tickets."
Today someone commented that we should be on a show to teach other parents how to do something. We're actually doing something right. That felt nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this story. And also, you are appointed my person packer team when I go on my cruise in July. :)
ReplyDelete