Friday, May 7, 2010

City boys, city girl

I'm happy to report we made it safely to Pittsburgh with two cars, a 24-foot truck, a 10-foot truck and a two month old! Go us! We couldn't have done it without the help of my brother "Uncle Dane" - helping us move was my 30th birthday present from him and it seriously was the gift that kept on giving.

Moving from a 4-bedroom, 3 bath house to a two bedroom apartment has been quite the challenge for us and even though we parted ways with our dehumidifier, recumbent bike, queen guest bed, lawn equipment, patio furniture and TONS of cherished chotchkies junk we're still strapped for space. A trip to IKEA seems to have done the trick for the kitchen but Jeremy's medical books might reside in our basement storage PERMANENTLY.

Owen is doing well, we had a lactation consultant out to the house this morning who could not have been nicer. She helped us with Owen's latch and making a schedule for him. This boy is growing like a weed!! He has already gained 1 pound six ounces over the last two weeks and has developed a case of the thigh chubs! I can't wait to unpack the camera and show them off! I also have some great 2-month pictures that we took of him just before we left Dayton.

So we're here and as soon as things settle down and get unpacked I'll post more updates/pictures.

Also, the rumors are true - no one can have a casual conversation in this state without bringing up NFL football. We need a better response to "So are you guys Steeler fans?" - GO BUCKS doesn't seem to appease them.

In other news - my wedding ring fits and it feels like i am wearing it for the first time all over again. I can't stop starring at it! *love*

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, just start watching the games. That way you'll be able to talk to everyone in the city about something other than religion, politics and parenting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails