I finally had one.
Thanks to my sweet husband and sleepy baby this exhausted Mamma finally got an uninterupted 8-hour stretch of sleep. My first since - well, probably since before I went and got all pregnant ;)
Even though our pediatrician told us we could let Owen sleep from midnight-6am without waking him for feedings - doesn't mean he would actually sleep that long. Silly me. He was still waking every 3-4 hrs to eat (meaning 2.5 hours of sleep for Mom). But last night, after a nice big dose of delicious milk - Owen slept for five hours straight from 11p-4a. Then Daddy got up with him at 4am and gave him a bottle that I had pumped earlier that day.
I almost forgot what that much sleep feels like. I actually woke up when he cried at 4am thinking I felt pretty good - but Jeremy jumped up and told me to go back to sleep. You don't have to tell me twice!
I don't expect my boy will sleep like this every night (although it would be GREAT) and I don't expect Jeremy to do the night feeding every night (although it would be GREAT) but last night was a real treat for me.
I felt like a new Mamma this morning - which is great because I woke up VERY FULL with the milky goodies flowing like an all you can eat buffet - Owen noticed immediately and ate for over 1.5 hours, blew out his diaper TWICE and then soaked both his dinosaur sleeper and me with pee! Six diaper changes in two hours and I was so proud of my boy.
The only thing that would have made this morning better would have been a smile - our little one is right on the cusp of a social smile and I seriously CANNOT WAIT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ahhh sleep. you never appreciate it until you aren't getting any :-p
ReplyDeleteIsn't sleep glorious? Jeremy is amazing for doing that for you! Kevin takes C every weekend morning so that I can catch a few extra hours. Saints, our hubbies!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, Mama...it'll get better! In recent weeks C has been doing a 5-6 hour stretch most nights. It's incredible and we are so proud, and hoping it sticks! O will start doing the same.
xoxo