Friday, March 12, 2010

Mister blue eyes

Sorry I've been slow with blog updates. The most I've had time for is a quick five minutes on the computer - just enough to upload adorable pictures of my child for you all to soak in, but not enough to think and write. Also, thinking and writing take brain power and mine is pretty much consumed by breast feeding, yellow poops, diaper blowouts, urine soaked carpet and Daddy, and loving on our little cub who somehow manages to change everyday despite our best efforts to keep him a tiny meatloaf forever.

Here are some vital stats on baby Owen:

Owen's eyes are turning a gorgeous light blue just like his Daddy's but we're pretty sure they're shaped like mine. When I used to dream about my baby, I always pictured him with his Daddy's eyes - it is so wonderful to see my dream looking up at me in real life.

Owen was born with LOTS of hair. One of the firs things Dr. K said when he checked my dilation in the hospital for the first time was, "Okay, so we're going with HAIR!" Neither Jeremy or I had hair as newborns - I had a tiny bit of red peach fuzz (which my mom insisted was blood and wanted the nurses to scrub off) and J had none but blossomed into a little butterball with blonde curls. Not our boy, he has soft, straight light brown hair and his Daddy's 30-year-old hairline. It's unreal actually how exact the hairlines are. Now it's starting to fill in with light blonde whisps and we both LOVE to brush it after bath time with his soft baby brush.

Owen also inherited his Daddy's enormous hands and feet - slender fingers and crazy long toes. He has long thin chicken legs - legs which I hope Mamma's milk will fatten up with rolls and chub.

Of all the wonderful things Owen has inherited from his Daddy - with the good comes the bad. And he wouldn't be his Daddy's son if he didn't inherit HIS GAS. During our first 24 hours in the hospital, one of the nurses said to me, "you have a VERY gassy baby, we don't usually see gas this early." I thanked her for the observation and told her he takes after his Daddy. My kid farts like bean-filled wind up toy. The sad part is, the gas is very painful for him. It will wake him up out of a dead sleep screaming in pain. At first we weren't sure what was hurting our boy, but one listen to his grumbly belly and we knew. We've been giving him Mylicon drops - which help a little, but we're still met with him writhing and screaming in pain 1-2 times a day.

I think Owen has my small-ish nose. My family teases me that mine slopes a little at the end like a ski jump. Owen has a little button nose, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

I'm so excited to learn more about this little wonder and see the amazing combinations of Jeremy and I as he grows!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, thank goodness for Mylicon drops, right? C still wakes from a dead sleep with those little screams...breaks my heart. He has the grumbly tummy too, though it's better than when he was a newborn. It'll get better for sweet O, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails