This past weekend Jeremy and I were able to hang out, so much that now that he is away again I sit here amazed at how 48 hours together could remind me of every single reason that I married him. But it did. I hope so much that our baby could feel me giggle and hear us both crying with laughter. At each other, at funny things, at nothing. I swear my cheeks hurt from laughing so much.
We laughed at how our baby is guaranteed to inherit the unfortunate pinky toe we both share. It's a stub with a sliver for a nail, it barely even qualifies as a real toe.
.....................................................................................
We laughed when the baby kicked and punched me in the ribs.
Jeremy: Wow! He is all up in your business!
Me: I think he wants out.
Jeremy: He doesn't even know there is an "out"
Me: Well then he's gonna be pretty pissed off when he finds out how he has to get out...
Jeremy: I think he'll forget about it once he figures out how he gets to eat. I know I would.
Me: Anything is better than sitting around drinking your own pee for nine months.
Jeremy: True story.
.....................................................................................
We laughed about my mental breakdown over the bra AND the sage AND the turkey.
(last month)
Me: It's time to order turkeys from the local farm. We got a post card in the mail today!
Jeremy: (from another state) I saw them at Kroger last year. We'll do that since I don't have time to drive all the way out to the farm to wait on line for one we order.
Me: Okay... but I really want a local free range vegetarian fed turkey, like last year.
(Sunday afternoon)
Jeremy FRANTICALLY searching the bins of fresh turkey's at Kroger while I stand next to the cart (breathing deeply) deciding that I have no qualms about driving out to that farm myself and flopping my pregnant body onto the counter in front an entire line of people while I cry and beg for a Thanksgiving bird that my husband wouldn't let me order in advance.
still searching... looking like he's going to cry or throw up...
Jeremy:(YELLING TRIUMPHANTLY) They're OVER HERE! They're HERE! (waving wildly like he won the lottery) See, LOOK! SEVEN!
Me: (staring at the remaining Bowman Landes Turkeys) Man are you lucky.
Jeremy: Oh my god I was totally freaking out! All I could think about was what kind of present I was going to have to buy you to make up for this, then wondering if I was even going to live long enough to make it out of the store. My heart is beating so fast.
Me: This turkey is expensive!
Jeremy: I don't care if it's a million dollars! THIS IS OUR TURKEY! (pats turkey emphatically and heads to the check out line, happy to discover a $14 off rebate - but happier to walk out of the store, head held high with his pregnant wife and a 22 lb dead bird).
(For the record I'm really not a terrible, demanding wife - just a wee bit emotional over turkey)
.....................................................................................
And this conversation, quite possibly takes the cake (did somebody say cake?) and sums up all of the reasons why I want to spend eternity with this man.
Jeremy: You have A LOT of freckles - like all over.
Me: Are freckles recessive?
Jeremy: I don't know.
Me: Well, you have some too (pointing to spots in his arm).
Jeremy: Those aren't FRECKLES.
Me: Oh, what are they then?
Jeremy: AWESOME SPOTS. I have one for every time that I was awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw your guest post at Our Little Apartment and love your writing!! You are so funny.
ReplyDeleteI tagged you with the "Your blog is fabulous" award here: http://mindymerenghi.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-first-blog-award.html